Reputation management (also known as online reputation management) is the management of any kind of brand, business, or organization by influencing the general perception of people about that entity. Reputation management (ORM) is mainly concerned with what the people think about that brand or organization, its products, and services when they visit the online website of that entity.
Basic goal of reputation management (ORM):-
The basic purpose of ORM is to reshape the public perception or opinion about that organization or brand.it is mainly done by focusing on online information that you have given to the people and minimizing the negative reviews and remarks about the brand.
Importance of online reputation management:-
ORM is essential for the promotion and survival of any kind of business or brand because of several reasons.
- It directly affects the customer buying decision after reading the online reviews. online reputation management can help to gain the trust of customers.
- According to a survey conducted in 2017, about 97% of the customers rely on online reviews available on the website
- 85% of customers trust online reviews. when any customer wants to purchase a product, he/she first visit the product review and then make a decision either to buy the product or not.
- Online reputation of any business or organization will stay forever. Therefore, it is very important to make a positive impact on the brand.it is very challenging for any brand to know what the people think about it. Either they have a positive or negative impact on their mind.
- Brand or organization can also utilize Negative reviews or feedback in a constructive manner to improve product quality and services.
How to monitor the online reputation of a brand:-
There are several ways to monitor the reputation of an organization or business.
- Review sites must be monitored regularly in order to collect information about positive or negative feedback from the people.
- Online reputation must be monitored through google alerts. It will provide information on your daily mentions in new work. Google alerts can track a specific keyword such as your brand or company name and provide immediate alerts when that name is mentioned in any kind of work.
- Online reputation must also be monitored through different social media accounts. You must have to check your business account on a daily basis and also respond to both negative and positive feedback in a healthy environment.
- You can also use your customers and social media followers to monitor the online reputation of your business. you can also conduct surveys on a regular basis to know the improvement of your product quality and services.
- Verify your partners